Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/July/2015 at 20:19
Unhappy

I was on the former Fishermen's beach earlier and saw that one of the 'Jet Boats' is picking up people from the beach. Well, not quite. You are taken out 20 or 30  metres or so in a rubber boat and then scramble up into it.

It gives a few thrill seekers a 15 minute or so high speed ride up and along a little way off the beach more or less between the pier and the marina. It is VERY noisy, so if you want a quiet afternoon on the beach, go elsewhere.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/July/2015 at 10:08
That's a new one, the Jet Boats always went from the Marina. Even then they were noisy enough for people to look up from their sunbeds to see what was happening.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2015 at 17:48
Not quite Benidorm, very busy in some parts but virtually deserted 500 yards further along

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2015 at 17:59
Superb Dicey, same on Salgados and Gale today, some parts busy, others not. We had a great hour swimming in the sea, so clean and refreshing, absolute joy to be out there today and now.. the G&T's are to die for! Big smile
Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2015 at 19:23
Three beaches as viewed, for a change, from the sea...

Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2015 at 18:33
Clam digging in full swing this morning. Can't say I'm a great fan and not a patch on muscles

The human "ant" trail having a Sunday morning stroll along the beach

Olhos D'Agua on the cliff top looking typically Algarvian in the mist

New arrivals about to land, some no doubt getting their first view of Algarve beaches

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2015 at 15:51
A stark reminder DON`T SIT UNDER THE CLIFFS! From today's paper.

http://portugalresident.com/albufeira-beachgoers%E2%80%99-miracle-escape-in-latest-devastating-cliff-fall

I will get some nice beach pictures over the weekend.
Albufeira Resident

port princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote port princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/August/2015 at 09:41
Thanks Tom , your very informative this morning now time for your coffee thanks again
Portprincess
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2015 at 09:33
It was an eventful afternoon at the beach yesterday. It was a murky and overcast afternoon, little sun but plenty of humidity. That didn't stop the hordes from being on the beach.

The waves were very high and the sea rough, fun for the kids jumping in and out, but a lot of towels got wet. Within the space of 10 minutes, I saw two ambulances for people injured by the waves. One woman was being strapped for a broken arm or collarbone perhaps and by the pier another was flat out on a stretcher being loaded into the ambulance.

A pair of dolphins were spotted a couple of hundred yards off the beach. They swam along for several minutes, at extreme range for my little camera. They were eventually scared off by idiots on jet skis and in speedboats. I have some more pictures to check but this is one I managed to grab.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2015 at 12:13
Rest of the pictures and about a minute of video with glimpses of dolphins

http://1drv.ms/1fQTHua
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2015 at 15:09
How lovely, thanks.
my beautiful portugal
kevjrobbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjrobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/August/2015 at 20:58
I was also luckily enough to be sat on the beach, a pod of several Dolphins were following a site seeing boat, playfully jumping out of the water. They followed the boats all the way along , from the fishermens beach to the forte beach, first time experience of this so close to shore. Made our day.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2015 at 10:09
Me too. I have never seen them so close to a beach except when an injured one was beached a few years ago. It was rescued by people from Zoomarine.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2015 at 11:11
Only ever seen any once off Falesia despite spending hundreds of days on there. Late October 4 or 5 years ago. About 20 of them no more than 500 yards offshore and they were there for a good 20 minutes. Didn't have my camera with me though Embarrassed
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2015 at 12:45
The beach yesterday afternoon. Quite a contrast to Sunday. More later.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 115>
  Share Topic