Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAvril wanted a joke!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 122>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2009 at 11:08

A SHORT LOVE STORY

A man and a woman who had never met before,
but who were both married to other people,
found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a trans-continental train.

image00111.gif

image00222.jpg

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room,
they  were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in  the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying,..........   'Ma'am,

I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet  to get me a second blanket?

I'm awfully cold.'

'I have a better idea,' she replied 'Just for tonight,...... let's pretend that we're married.'

'Wow!...................... That's a great idea!', he exclaimed.

'Good,' she replied. .............'Get your own  blanket.'

After a moment of silence, ......................he farted.

The End

Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2009 at 22:12
Hee hee, made me chortle!

Heres one I received by text, not very PC but very apt to Britain at the mo:-
The finest crisp white writing paper,
with hand writing using only the very best ink,
lovingly folded and wrapped,
In an immaculate envelope.........................

This is no ordinary P45, this is a M&S P45
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
gerry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 11:09

Men's Consideration for Women

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger.

When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

My name is Jeff. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Susie.

Since I retired several years ago, it has become necessary for Susie to get a full-time job along with her part-time job, both for extra income and for the health insurance benefits that we needed.

Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age. I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work.

Although she knows how hungry I  am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before  she starts dinner. I don't yell at her.

Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have  lunch in the Men's Grill at the club so eating out is costly and not reasonable and I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for  them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can  by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to  motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example she will say that it  is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her  lunch hour.

But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you  know what I mean). I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more  rest periods.

She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the lawn. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to  fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while and, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Susie. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrated women get, as they get older.

However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing this was well worthwhile.

After all, we are put on  this earth to help each other.

Sincerely,

Jeff 

EDITOR'S  NOTE:

Jeff died suddenly on March 1 of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra long 50-inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip showing and a  sledge hammer laying nearby.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 16:57

GUD FOR HER HE BLOODY DESERVED IT

Wireman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 22:51
Gerry
I'm sure there has been a breach of copyright,that has been taken from my autobiographyLOL.
While us blokes are beating ourselves up,here's one for the women.
Believe it or not.
Woman has man in it.Mrs has Mr in it.Female has male in it.She has he in it.Madam has Adam in it.No wonder men always want to be inside women!
Men were born between the legs of a woman,yet men spend all their time trying to go back between the legs of a woman!Why?Because there is no place like home!!
Ever notice how all women's problems start with men?
Mental illness,menstrual cramps,mental breakdown,menopause,GUYnecologist and when they have real trouble its a HISterectomomy!!!
Regular Visitor
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 23:47
 Very true Wireman , but never had one of those (the last one), but suffered  3 out of 5 of the others) you men are so lucky lucky lucky especially being born between the legs of a woman .... and so it carries on Big%20smile . Comon girls, comments appreciated we gotta stick up for ourselves. Give them men some stick. Approve . Bet the men got bloody earmuffs are in already, are we talking to ourselves as normal.
Exiledbee2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 00:07
Do we have to put up with these rather pathetic old jokes, Admin get a grip and only allow good new jokes, there again get rid.
gerry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 00:13
Hi Exilebdbum2
Who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
gerry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 00:14

MEN ARE JUST HAPPIER PEOPLE

NICKNAMES

If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.

If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla and Four-eyes.

EATING OUT

When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in £20, even though it's only for £48.50.  None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.

When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY

A man will pay £2 for a £1 item he needs.

A woman will pay £1 for a £2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

BATHROOMS

A man has six items in his bathroom:  toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.

The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337.  A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.

ARGUMENTS

A woman has the last word in any argu ment.

Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

FUTURE

A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.

A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

SUCCESS

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.

A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

MARRIAGE

A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.

A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.

DRESSING UP

A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.

A man will dress up for weddings and  funerals.

NATURAL

Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.

Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

OFFSPRING

Ah, children.  A woman knows all about her children.  She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favourite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.

A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 00:17
exiledbee2 get a life this is a topic unrelated to Albufeira everyday life, if you dont want to look at it, dont click your mouse on it, then your non the wiser. Gerry he or she gets out of the wrong side of the bed every morning. Best ignored.  Ha ha Gerry liked the exiledbum2 bit suits him/she down to a "T".
gerry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 00:56
Well said Jayjan (and goodnight)
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 01:01
Your welcome Gerry and a goodnight to you also.
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 09:55
Originally posted by Exiledbee2 Exiledbee2 wrote:

Do we have to put up with these rather pathetic old jokes, Admin get a grip and only allow good new jokes, there again get rid.

Sorry but we do not intend to judge which jokes are good ones or not. We only keep an eye on this thread to check if there are no abusive comments or politically incorrect statements.
I agree this section of the forum has got nothing to do with Albufeira/Algarve but, since it is well categorized as users’ chit chat / jokes, we understand visitors will only read and participate if they look for this kind of disparate topics.
If you find a joke is not funny or of bad taste, ignore it or maybe say why you feel that way and perhaps post a "better" one yourself.
Even if we'd prefer regular users would stick more to the main subject, we don't feel like judging and blocking slightly or completely unrelated replies in this segment of the forum. We trust users will restrain themselves from being rude and aggressive to each other.

So many people, so many opinions... [sigh]

Albufeira.com Admin
Avril View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 13:37
I do try to stick to topic, but sometimes after a hard day at work, it's nice to come on here and chat a bit with a few different folks and lighten matters with the odd quip now and again. I've been quite poorly recently and found coming on here helped keep me cheerful. I've also made good friends on here who I see over in Albufeira from time to time which wouldn't have happened without the "chit chat" amongst us, so thank you to admin for allowing us a little leniency.
Consistently inconsistent, Esse sou eu!
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 15:34
yes.....i agree whole-heartedly...even though  it is a site regarding Albufeira and surrounding areas it does need  a little place where folk can chat-chit-chat and joke amongst themselves about topics which are not associated with Albufeira at all,i dont know what the problem is. we all stick to our topics, i know they lead astray slightly but what forum does,nt. it wont be long before the sour-grapes who come on here perhaps twice a year and complain and end up with us all getting booted off. probably the same folk who complain on here are the same who complain to the BBC over something or nothing. WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE.get a grip,get a life ,lighten up. struth its just a forum on a place where lots of people love visiting,living and stuff.
Ying%20Yang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 122>
  Share Topic