Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeather in Albufeira today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 566>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2014 at 11:00
Utterly terrible here! Last night the temperature dropped to 18C and I nearly had to get the duvet out from the cupboard.

Now at coming up to 11am it is a chilly 21.4C in bright blue skies with a gentle breeze getting my washing dry. Expecting a high today of 25C and it will cloud over a little during the afternoon, but no suggestion of any rain.

Tomorrow will be little cooler with more clouds and on Wednesday there is the chance of showers down this way, thunderstorms in the centre and north of the country so possibly a bumpy ride for anyone flying that day.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 11:27
It's been rather misty and damp this morning but the sun is breaking through now.

Temperature at 1125am is 22.8C, humid and damp feeling at 71%. There is a gentle breeze from the north-west it seems. Later today we should see 24C but there is a chance of a shower. A line of showers is moving into the region from across the sea to the west.

Tonight will be reasonable at about 18 or 19C. Tomorrow we are forecast showers and about 23C, Thursday might have some heavier bursts of rain to come.

Albufeira Resident

Martin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2014 at 21:04
Just wondering if any locals could give us an insight to the expected weather for the next week or so??BeerCool
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2014 at 06:03
The Portuguese Met Office forecast but invariably it's better than they forecast.

http://www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.localidade/index.jsp?localID=8&cidadeID=131
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2014 at 09:32
"... but invariably it's better than they forecast"

I'll second that, very rarely is it as they forecast or worse than they forecast, I'd say nine times out of ten it's better.
Andrew
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/October/2014 at 10:27
It's very cloudy this morning and looking quite grey especially out to the west. The radar is showing several isolated showers to the west and south, so given the wind direction we can expect to get wet later. But any showers will be short lived.

Temperature at 1020am is 22.6C. It is feeling very damp with the humidity at 78%. It will get a little warmer later in the day, up to 24 or 25C. Tonight will be a bit clammy and around 18 or 19C. More showers are forecast for tomorrow, possibly thundery ones then a bright and dry day for Friday. The weekend may well be another showery couple of days, then nicer weather heading into next week.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2014 at 08:31
830am, raining but not that hard, from low grey cloud. Temperature 21.5C.

It has been raining during the night and the radar shows a line of showers coming from the south and west, with more to come. I think we are in for a wet morning, then there might be a spell of dry weather then another lot of rain this afternoon. The second instalment might have some thunder and lightning mixed in. Temperatures no higher than 23 or 24C.

Things will clear up later, with a dry and warm night expected. Tomorrow will be a cloudy day, around 23C, then for Saturday more thundery showers are on the way.

Albufeira Resident

DazandMad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2014 at 08:45
Absolutely hammered it down here nr Albufeira Shopping. Might be a bouncy flight tonight can't wait until next time.

Darren
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2014 at 08:46
Huh! So much for today being a nicer day! It's dull and dismal this morning, raining steadily.  Temperature at 0840 is 22.2C.

The radar http://www.ipma.pt/pt/otempo/obs.radar/index.jsp shows a whole bunch of stormy  showers swirling around to the south of us. Some more will come our way before things improve  this afternoon. Maximum temperature today 24C, but that's largely academic in this wet weather.

Tomorrow, Saturday, doesn't look like being particularly nice either, more heavy showers are expected then for Sunday not so wet  but not very warm, perhaps only 19C.
Albufeira Resident

Sarahodgson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2014 at 08:56
I'll expect a bumpy flight into faro tomorrow the. 😢
kevjrobbo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2014 at 14:58
Was watching the golf on sky from villamoura , same called off due to the rain. Hope it picks up for end of October
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2014 at 15:34
The course is waterlogged - that's a lot of rain then Cry
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/October/2014 at 09:31
It was indeed very wet yesterday until  mid afternoon. Then it cleared up and was quite nice, leading to grotesque sights in the old town as the tourists shed their garments.

This morning it is grey and damp, it was raining earlier but has stopped now.  Temperature at 0925 is 20.1C. There is a line of showers just going past our way and coming is a huge lump of wet weather, presently just off the coast down by Lagos. That might bring some thundery showers later today, especially down in the west of the region. Maximum temperature no higher than 22C.

The weather will be less wet tonight, but still with showers around. These will continue into Sunday and Monday.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2014 at 11:16
It's been fairly nice so far today. It's quite bright, there is not much cloud and only a light breeze.

Very cold though, 20.4 C at 1114am. The radar shows a lot of scattered showers heading our way for later. Temperatures won't get much higher. The showery weather is set to continue for most of the coming week. Tomorrow they might be quite heavy and bringing thunder and lightning with them.

Temperatures will range from 17 or 18 at night up to 21 or 22 during the day, maybe a little higher if the sun comes out between the showers.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2014 at 15:01
Been tipping it down on & off since lunch time.
Golf at Vilamoura has been suspended, due to heavy rain & flooding, for the last couple of hours so I doubt they get the full 18 holes in before it gets dark.
That's if they can get started again which must be doubtful.
They've already lost a complete day to the weather.
Not a great advert for golfing in Portugal.
Thermometer has struggled to get above 20 and it gets quite windy & chilly when the heavy showers come.
Not a great start to our visit but it can only get better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 566>
  Share Topic