Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 83>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2016 at 21:09

Just found this on one of the  facebook pages.

UPDATE: Monarch has successfully concluded discussions with the Civil Aviation Authority (“CAA”) to extend its ATOL licence, for which it thanks the CAA. The company has also received significant further investment from shareholders and is close to announcing the largest investment in its 48-year history.

Monarch continues to fly and looks forward to welcoming customers on board.

Andrew Swaffield, Chief Executive Officer of The Monarch Group, commented:

“I am delighted that we have been able to come to an agreement with the CAA on the extension of Monarch’s ATOL licence and am excited about the additional capital coming into the group which will help us fund our future growth. I am immensely proud of the professionalism of the Monarch team.”
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/October/2016 at 08:27
The CAA llicence extension is only for 14 days though as it's dependant upon the need for significant further investment.

Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 07:25
Easyjet flights came up at 7am. Doesn't appear to be any major price increases and there are plenty of flights at £24.99.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 08:18
Booked some flights at 5.30 (sad I know) for the same price as this year so happy with that.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 08:55
I was up at 5 too but our flights from Southend didn't appear until 7
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 09:09
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

I was up at 5 too but our flights from Southend didn't appear until 7

I don't think all routes become available at the same time. I also noticed today that the dates to the end of June appeared on the "Low Fare Finder" part of their site, which is the way I booked, whereas they weren't shown until later on the more traditional enquiry part of the EasyJet homepage.
Colin
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 10:32
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

EASYJET flights for the period up to the 25th June 2017 (includes Easter, May Bank holidays and half term)go on sale from:-

THURSDAY 6TH OCTOBER

Peak Summer 2017 will go on sale in early November.

Thanks big col , totally forgot as just back from holiday on Tuesday , but got similar price to April/May last year,
It'll be interesting though - got a cheapy booking 6 weeks in advance recently but generally cheaper booking early.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 10:47
Yes cheers for heads up managed to get a couple of cheapies this morning.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 12:29
Interesting news about Easyjet - glad I bought tickets this morning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37571678
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2016 at 23:05
According the the Belfast Telegraph  Easyjet warns of a £125 million lost profit after a year of extraordinary events which made shares nosedive  but the Guardian seems to differ   https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2016/oct/06/easyjet-shares-come-down-to-earth-after-years-of-stratospheric-returns
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2016 at 08:00
Easy jets £90million down news yesterday certainly created a stir, it impacted on the FTSE100, as they are in that number.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2016 at 08:17
I see this morning that Monarch received a further £165m investment to allow it to renew its membership of the Air Travel Organisers' Licensing (Atol) scheme and continue operating.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2016 at 10:09
This is interesting and could be very useful...

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/google-flights-tells-you-the-best-%E2%80%94-and-cheapest-%E2%80%94-time-to-buy-an-airline-ticket/ar-AAj8mrd?li=AA5afI&ocid=spartandhp
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2016 at 10:34
Thanks Andrew this could be useful.

I have a sure fire way of not getting upset if a flight is cheaper than when I booked, I don't look again.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2016 at 11:32
Thanks but of course when everyone uses this and knows when the cheapest flights are going to be, the prices will go up.
Think i'll stick to buying them on the day they come out and take my chances.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 83>
  Share Topic