Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 51525354>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2017 at 15:14
Jet2 Flights for Summer 2018 are already available ( Not Cheap Though ) £534 for 2 departing 19th return 29th June including chosen seat and Breakfast and excluding insurance
cameronout
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2017 at 18:12
This past week we've had several family and friends book Monarch flights and I can't believe how cheap they are, my daughter got august return for £380 for two of them, which was £530 when they enquired at end of Feb.
On the back of this we just booked, two of us, for May, Birmingham return, Monarch again, for £126! At that money it's daft not to, it costs us more to catch the train to London!
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2017 at 19:05
Originally posted by cameroncleggout cameroncleggout wrote:

Jet2 Flights for Summer 2018 are already available ( Not Cheap Though ) £534 for 2 departing 19th return 29th June including chosen seat and Breakfast and excluding insurance

No insurance then but presumably that includes a hotel on AI basis Wink
I hate how people compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2017 at 11:05
I know dicey, the prices are not cheap. I remember not too many years ago we could secure a Summer Season Self Catering package holiday for two weeks almost anywhere in Europe for under £700. Now we are paying over £500 for very short haul flights and £1500 for accommodation and even that works our cheaper than booking a package for same Hotel.
cameronout
cameroncleggout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameroncleggout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/April/2017 at 11:05
That £700 was for two by the way
cameronout
Jock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2017 at 11:04
Thanks.
If you can't be with the one you love honey, love the one you're with. Stephen Stills
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2017 at 08:32
Booked our return flight for March this morning - outward flight in January already booked.
Easyjet have changed their website - no more "3 week view" and various other changes. Complete shambles if you ask me, why do Companies find it necessary to change websites that are working fine as they are.
Anyway flight was cheap enough at £22 each
I hate how people compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2017 at 10:29
DICEY

There have been some changes to the EasyJet website but the "3 week view" is still available.

On the Pick Flights page the view defaults to the chosen departure date plus one day either side. However in orange in the black box above is "3 week view >". Selecting that opens up a graph on the right half of the screen.

It is different and personally I preferred the previous calendar view for clarity.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/April/2017 at 15:14
Yes I saw the graph thing but I don't think it's as good as seeing the actual price on any given day
bob d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/April/2017 at 14:33
Agree.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
bebop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2017 at 10:43
I've often watched the planes coming in over Albufeira beach heading in to land at Faro. Always wonder why the plane that I happen to be on almost always comes in to Faro from the other direction, the east. I remember only a few of the times over the past 20 years that I have been flying in to Faro that we approached from the west. I do love to pick out the landmarks from the birds eye view. I see from Cubser's weather report this morning that there is a slight wind from the south. Will I be able to guess the direction of the approach by the direction of the wind. I'm flying in to Faro 25thJune next.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2017 at 10:51
The Flightradar website shows that flights are landing from the west just now. And of course taking off towards the east. The wind is so slight that i cannot imagine it makes a lot of difference.

https://www.flightradar24.com/37.04,-7.99/13 - zoom out a bit.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
bebop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2017 at 10:55
Thank you for that Cubser. I will keep an eye on that web site. Knowing my luck, by 25th they will probably have changed to approach from the east!
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2017 at 11:01
???

According to that website, the Jet2 flight from Leeds has just landed in the sea! It didn't.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2017 at 11:57
Residing to the east of Albufeira we get a lot of quite low planes coming in over Acoteias when the wind is from the east.
As a rule of thumb average I would estimate that landings in that direction account for no more than 2 or 3 days out of every 10 days.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 51525354>
  Share Topic