Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2016 at 08:18
Originally posted by Big Col Big Col wrote:

Ryanair have also announced three new destinations from Newcastle for 2017 including FARO 5 days a week.

I haven't flown with them before but it gives more competition on the route.

Wonder if they are flying over the winter from Newcastle.
They don`t do Faro over the winter from Leeds/Bradford.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2016 at 10:03
Seems to be March - October 2017 at the moment.

Others (EasyJet & Jet2) usually reduce their frequency in the winter.
Colin
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2016 at 17:56
Booking for Easyjet flights in April, May and June has been put back to October- previously due to be available in September
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2016 at 08:34
We booked a long weekend back in London in December, EasyJet €120 return for two of us. Happy days!
Go away Duchatalet
Patti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2016 at 11:56
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Booking for Easyjet flights in April, May and June has been put back to October- previously due to be available in September

Thanks for updated info
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2016 at 12:41
RYANAIR from Dublin €90.00 each way in August. Nice.

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2016 at 09:36
Monarch in trouble?
Rumors that they're going bust
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37469743

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2016 at 10:08
They've been in financial trouble in the past I believe. They don't operate from Newcastle so I have no experience with them but have seen them on the apron at Faro.
Colin
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2016 at 15:25
Its supposedly  only speculation:   http://blog.monarch.co.uk/speculation-about-monarch/
They had problems in 2014 though when the founders of it exited.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/11186804/Monarch-Airlines-rescued-as-Mantegazzas-take-flight.html
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 07:37
For those forumies who may use Stansted it is worth noting that Jet2 are opening their 9th UK base there and will be operating flights to Faro from March 30th.

Coupled with the start of deliveries of their 1st brand new aircraft (from Boeing), things appear to be looking up for them.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 09:24
Talking Boeing, Monarch have ordered new planes from them also. Previously they were 100% Airbus but I don't know if they are going 100% Boeing or a mixture. They are recruiting new pilots for the Boeings though, apparently you fly one or the other, not both and neither do you transfer/change, for some reason.
Andrew
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 17:12
I read somewhere earlier on that they are getting the new 737 in 2018 as they are more fuel efficient, can't remember where I read it now grrrrrr. Found it    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/26/monarch-airlines-denies-rumours-of-financial-trouble
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/September/2016 at 20:35
Originally posted by Jayjan Jayjan wrote:

I read somewhere earlier on that they are getting the new 737 in 2018

If they last another 18 months. Generally no smoke without fire with these rumors and of course they will deny everything until it happens
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2016 at 08:48
They must be getting them, or some, before then. I know of pilots, the Boeing variety, that commence employment with Monarch in January. They aren't going to employ them to not fly.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2016 at 13:11
EASYJET flights for the period up to the 25th June 2017 (includes Easter, May Bank holidays and half term)go on sale from:-

THURSDAY 6TH OCTOBER

Peak Summer 2017 will go on sale in early November.
Colin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 83>
  Share Topic