Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Algarve
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 83>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super__Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2014 at 11:50
Thanks everyoneThumbs Up
Ally
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2014 at 12:18
There is another one by McDonalds too Ally, if that's more convenient?
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2014 at 12:56
also Bookworms on Estrada St Eulalia print boarding passes. The lady charges €1.25 each pass but she donates it  to one of the many charities in Albufeira. Think they are open 12 noon to 5pm Mon to Fri and 10am  till 5pm on Saturdays.
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
Wendywoo1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendywoo1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2014 at 14:55
I agree Jayjan you gets what you pays for with Ryanair, by far the cheapest flights for us from East Midlands, we have 43 ladies coming out on 1st May some of us went with Ryanair and paid £130, Monarch was £215. As long as you stick to their petty rules and smile whilst you're doing it they're fine. Seems to be a bit of controversy about the new seat buying shenannigans tho'. Apparently you are allocated a seat now when you check in but not always with the people you check in with. A friend of ours travelled from tenerife with her husband, they were allocated seats apart even tho they checked in together and were not allowed to move even tho plane had lots of empty seats. Obviously the new ploy to get you to pay £20 for reserved seating!! Very sneaky. Hey ho as long I as I get to sunny Albufeira I don't mind who I sit with. Bit different for families with young children tho. See you all very soon Approve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/April/2014 at 21:29
Originally posted by Wendywoo1965 Wendywoo1965 wrote:

A friend of ours travelled from tenerife with her husband, they were allocated seats apart even tho they checked in together and were not allowed to move even tho plane had lots of empty seats.

So you get up & go to the loo & then you go back to sit next to your wife. Can't believe that they'd notice that or stop it if they did.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
tonisdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonisdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2014 at 08:56
We have always stuck up for Ryanair believing you get what you pay for.
But just looking at their website £60 return for a 20kg suitcase...not that we take one that often.... £20 return to reserve a seat, I think a lot of people might vote with their feet.

Alexfan View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2014 at 10:41
We have just bookedfor 4 days in July with Ryanair from East Midlands for just under £102 pp return, could have got them for £89 for 7 days but all holidays at work already allocated, so 4 days in July and 3 in December in Albifeira for us this year
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2014 at 18:00
Easyjet - flew out this morning from Faro. Two complaints / observations.

Only TWO bag drop checkin desks were open, one dealing first with Speedy boarding. Arrived 0944 at the end of a queue of 40 or 50 people, mostly families with kids, cleared through at 1036. Luckily security was pretty fast, but I just had time to dash into the shop and then off to the gate.

THEN, I was carrying my small backpack and wearing my usual belt bag with passport, wallets, keys etc. I was told that I had to remove it as it counted as a second carry on bag and was therefore not allowed. Despite my protestations that I was wearing it and not carrying it and that this has never been the case before, I was made to take it off and then put it into the carrier bag with my shop goods inside.

So when is two bags not one? Backpack + carrier bag with belt bag inside = 1, backpack + carrier bag + belt bag = 2.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2014 at 18:17
And yet all the signs in the airport tell you that you can take on one item of hand baggage + one carrier bag from airport shopping
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2014 at 21:06
Yes Dicey, I believe that is what Tom had in the end, 1 bag plus 1 carrier bag with belt bag inside said carrier bag.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
LIBBY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIBBY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2014 at 21:39
On my last trip home from Faro, I was stopped at the gate into departures and made to put my handbag (average sized) into my hand luggage before being allowed through....... 
Fair enough, 1 item of hand luggage only - that's the rule. 
However, whilst I was packing away my handbag, I had dozens of people pass by me, with cabin sized bags (and some obviously bigger than the permitted size), who also had a carrier bag full of duty free.
So... 1 cabin sized case + 1 carrier bag of booze / ciggies etc = 1 bag
        1 cabin sized case + 1 hand bag (smaller than a duty free carrier bag) = 2 bags !!!!!

Rant over !
Algarve - The closest thing to heaven !
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2014 at 23:54
I know Libby. Crazy, but true.

We tip for all you lovelies. When you get a duty free carrier bag at the airport, don't throw it out when you get home. Next time you travel bring it with you and if you don't buy any duty free use the bag anyway. Put your handbag, sarnies, whatever you want in it.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
malagabob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malagabob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 08:47
Ryanairs hand luggage policy was 1 passenger 1 carry on. All duty free items were to be put in their carry on. But I seem to remember this was challenged. Now duty  free is allowed on their aircraft in addition to carry on. Have not flown Ryanair for a while maybe someone can confirm
There is and always was a notice to this affect (passenger rights) at Malaga airport.
Never put off something that you could do today
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 08:50
Yes any shopping bag you get from the airport shop does not count towards hand baggage. Otherwise no-one could go shopping which would do no good for airport income.

Concerning the belt bag, I have always worn it and my argument was that I was wearing it not carrying it. I have never in nine years of four or five trips a year to UK and elsewere been told to take it off. Anyway, it was on its last legs, so I have to buy a new one.

Next time I shall wear it under a long jumper.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2014 at 09:51
It's the sad, petty, jobsworth attitude of the staff that gets me. The bag is going on the plane into the cabin either way, why do some people just have to make life difficult for others?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 83>
  Share Topic