Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Users Chit Chat / Conversa entre Utilizadores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExcessive noise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2017 at 11:32
Should be SAME noise,of course.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/April/2017 at 13:09
Originally posted by Phil. Phil. wrote:

,my mate says that he could do the lot in a fortnight!

Welcome to Portugal
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Phil. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2017 at 09:37
Happy to report that peace and quiet appears to have been restored. I enlisted the assistance of the management company and the manager spoke to the person responsible for the excessive noise. He apologised for making the noise but said that it was work that had to be done. Over the past week, the reduction in his activity has been considerable so I am much relieved and happier. [:)]
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2017 at 10:47
At least one of my new upstairs neighbours came to tell me that they would be working noisily. The others didn't. On Wednesday it was jack hammers and sledgehammers from 9am to 430pm, I had to go out. This had been on and off for 2 weeks but never as bad as that.

On other occasions they have been banging and crashing until 8pm, but the woman next door went and shouted at them. The condominium confirmed there are no set rules for us, something we shall add next AGM!

They are not working today, it being a holdiay.

A good job I don't work nights. Selfish, thoughtless, etc etc.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2017 at 11:20
Our Condominium rules are that there should be no noise from working before 8am and  after 6pm (Mon to Fri), after 1pm (Saturday) and no noise from working at all on Sunday.
It's adhered to pretty much to the letter by everyone.
We've had a particularly noisy bar on the ground floor for the last 3 years which was open until 3am. This annoyed a lot of owners who brought it to the attention of the Condominium.
The owner, who also ran it, was then told by the Condominium that he could not go on beyond midnight. He has since rented it out to 2 Russian women who have changed it into a snack bar which will be closing at 10pm.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2017 at 13:33
Dicey, if it gets noisy again, the camara will work with you and the bar and the bar will most likely need a noise limiter like many bars have in the busy area - these cut the music out if it peaks too high at whatever time is decided that it should be quieter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic