Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Currency & Exchange Rates /Câmbios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro rate at moment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 105>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2016 at 15:06
Bouncing back today - nearly up to 1.33
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/January/2016 at 17:27
Let's hope it keeps going up ..... otherwise it will be a few less beers this holiday
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/January/2016 at 09:14
Originally posted by A9NDY A9NDY wrote:

Let's hope it keeps going up ..... otherwise it will be a few less beers this holiday

Crisis averted?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2016 at 16:31
Back to below 1.30 today.
Have seen various forecasts that it's going to keep going down throughout 2016 including one that says if we vote to leave the EU then it could go as low as 1.10.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2016 at 11:53
and still it falls, not good.
Andrew
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2016 at 19:37
Now lower than at anytime over the last 12 months

stuart123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuart123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 14:09
Just hit  1.2753 EUR
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 14:53
Popped into my local tesco and at was an abysmal 1.23 ,not expecting any improvement according to the cashier 😂
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 17:20
Best get in quick if you need to because at the rate we're going a return to the dark days of a sub 1.20 are not far away
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 19:48
Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get some ..... by the looks of things people will be going all inclusive
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 20:04
1.2807 at close today, ouch!
But it isn't just that, if you've any investments, pensions, ISA's... Bad luck! Accepted that some times it's good, but now certainly isn't one of those times.
Andrew
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 20:20
123.9 in Asda today, looks like it might drop further, think the pound is under pressure because of referendum jitters
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 20:49
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-35504137
If the link works.. It'll frighten you.. Since the start of this year, five weeks 'ish, there's a circa 20% fall in bank share prices!
Today's general market/rate falls are blamed on our markets following Tokyo, which has had a day of free fall!
Andrew
A9NDY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A9NDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 21:20
It's looking a bit grim
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2016 at 21:54
But then again, a couple of years ago when it was bumping along at around 1.10 we would have thought that 1.28 was almost utopia.
You have to take the rough with the smooth & accept what it is now rather than what it was 3 years ago, what it was a month ago or what it could be in 3 months time.

It's like betting on the hoses.
The bookies initially price the horse you really fancy at 5-1.
Being greedy, rather than take that price you wait hoping that it will go out to a bigger price.
Suddenly the price drops to 3-1.
You feel annoyed that you didn't take the 5-1 so in desperation you start looking around for another horse which is better value.
You find another one you quite fancy priced at 5-1 and back it.
It falls at the first fence and the horse that you were originally going to back, wins.

At least with the Euro you've only got one horse to back Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 105>
  Share Topic