Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Living in Albufeira / Viver em Albufeira » Algarve Foreign Residents / Residentes Estrangeiros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Census 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Census 2021
    Posted: 15/April/2021 at 09:14
 I have received nothing. Anyone else?
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Sponsored Links

Richardk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2021 at 14:22
Got letter a couple of days ago with passwords etc . Delivered by hand rather than by post
Cant fill in till 19th but looks like online only

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteknopp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2021 at 15:47
Got ours today nr Loule and have friends in Albufeira who have received theirs.
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2021 at 07:06
Yes - a nice bunch of young ladies delivered ours last Sunday. 
Go away Duchatalet
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2021 at 09:47
 Well I shall keep a watch out for someone. It 's not as if my letterbox is hidden!
Albufeira Resident

hamlet View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2021 at 12:21
Originally posted by cubsur cubsur wrote:

Retribution for your views on the virus
Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2021 at 14:06
Originally posted by hamlet hamlet wrote:

Retribution for your views on the virus
Nonsense surely?

His support for Imortal now, different story.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 09:14
Spoke with my neighbours. No-one in this small block has received anything.
Albufeira Resident

Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 10:41
Totally off topic but perhaps of interest - unlike the rest of UK Scotland has deferred this year's census to 2022.  Perhaps to avoid enumerators knocking on doors? Not sure.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
vinnym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2021 at 12:49
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Totally off topic but perhaps of interest - unlike the rest of UK Scotland has deferred this year's census to 2022.  Perhaps to avoid enumerators knocking on doors? Not sure.

Strange, as the UK census was conducted online.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2021 at 10:09
Enumerators here have been hand delivering the codes needed to complete the census on line  and the full paperwork for those who do not have that option.

The official website says 'watch your letterbox' which I have been. Nothing doing. I shall no doubt be fined for not completing a census return (it is compulsory here) even though I had no means to do so.
Albufeira Resident

Citroen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citroen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2021 at 10:21

Enumerators here have been hand delivering the codes needed to complete the census on line  and the full paperwork for those who do not have that option.

The official website says 'watch your letterbox' which I have been. Nothing doing. I shall no doubt be fined for not completing a census return (it is compulsory here) even though I had no means to do so.
Is there nowhere online you can request a form or report you haven't received one as yet?
Jock View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2021 at 12:43
Originally posted by vinnym vinnym wrote:

Can't remember when there was a UK census.  Was there ever one?
Perhaps you mean England and Wales?  Northern Ireland is separate too.
It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As pretty as an Airport' appear. Douglas Adams
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2021 at 08:23
Knew it was too good to be true. Just tried to do my duty and the website says the user code or the password is not correct. Obviously I am only putting in what they have told me.

Welcome to Portugal... 
Go away Duchatalet
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2021 at 08:48
Originally posted by vinnym vinnym wrote:

They've still employed people to knock on the doors to chase the people that haven't completed the Census online.
My friend is doing said job - she was working in London Easter weekend, and got plenty of abuse! She was due to door knock in Bristol on Saturday but it was cancelled due to Prince Phillip's funeral!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic