Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 237>
Author
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2015 at 13:08
Very hot today, just the thing you want when I've a 500 mile round trip on the M6!

I think I need a holiday  Smile
Colin
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2015 at 17:12
It's actually hotter than Albufeira today. 
Phew ! It would be ok if we were sitting under a sunshade and being waited on! -- -- and there was a pool near by! Approve
Stan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2015 at 19:17
Was 30c here in Leeds not long since, still 26c

Shame we have to work each day, roll on September.....
sidsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2015 at 20:14
33C on the Berkshire/Buckinghamshire border at 5pm - had to stop off at the pub beer garden. Seemed rude not to!
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2015 at 22:03
Yep, 31 here and hotter than AlbertVera, that said, 31 in AlbertVera is far more preferable than here, the humidity makes it a different, and preferable, type of heat. I ain't knocking this though, will take it everyday we're in Blighty, don't have short memories, won't be long before we are back in sub zero temps so enjoy whilst we have it.
Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2015 at 12:07
Well yesterday proved interesting. Drove home in the dry with temperatures in the high 20's and a yellow warning of thunder showers for last night. Boy were they right!

We had several hours of spectacular thunder and lightning culminating with a hail storm the like of which I've never seen before. For nearly 10 minutes in the early hours of this morning we had hailstones the size of golf balls cracking off the roof and windows. I suffered 5 smashed panes of glass in my greenhouse but otherwise seem to have got off OK (& my daughters car seems OK too) but it is the talk of the place today.

Although it's fresher today and temperatures are expected to rise to around 23 degrees, we have further yellow warnings of thunder for tonight and Saturday.
Colin
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/July/2015 at 13:57
The weather has turned gangster here in the north west!! 

After sweltering for days on end in the recent heat we are now shivering with cold and rain. 
Apparently a cold wind is blowing down on us from the arctic no less !  Stern Smile 

Back to coats and brollies! 
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2015 at 08:13
St Andrews this morning

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2015 at 08:58
Eastbourne is above water this morning. There were a few spots of rain yesterday evening when I arrived. This morning started grey, but the sun is just coming out and a dizzying 23C is forecast for later today.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2015 at 08:18
It was raining in Eastbourne at 1030am but things improved later and by the time the cricket started it will fairly sunny, but quite windy and not all that warm. But unprecedented scenes at Tunbridge Wells in the earlier part of the evening. Today has begun sunny, but only 15C. 23C forecast for this afternoon.

Albufeira Resident

Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/July/2015 at 13:47
Interesting pictures cubsur. 

The weather has turned out nice here. A bit windy but the temps are ok. 
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2015 at 06:55
  Up early this Sunday morning and it is dull and grey out there but not cold. It has just started raining here in Eastbourne.

Forecast for later is sunny and 23C.
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/July/2015 at 23:28
It rained hard hereabouts this morning but it soon passed. Cricket started on time and by the late afternoon the sun was beating down and it actually felt hot.

See https://cubsur51.wordpress.com/2015/07/19/cricket-at-tunbridge-wells/

Fingers crossed for the remaining three days!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2015 at 07:12
Monday turned out to be a grey day throughout, witn intermittent drizzle. Luckily we had almost a full day's play at the cricket but warm it was not.

Today looks like being a much better day, the sun is out in a cloudy sky. Temperature 17C, expected to rise to 22 or 23 this afternoon and no rain.
Albufeira Resident

Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/July/2015 at 12:48
We have a mixture here today, wind, grey drizzle, then a bit of sun. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 184185186187188 237>
  Share Topic