Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Miscellaneous / Diverso
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedApartment Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apartment Sale
    Posted: 15/October/2016 at 14:49
Hi Guys,

It is with a heavy heart, that after 10 years I have decided to put my lovely apartment on the market Unhappy Do any of you know of a professional , reasonable, reliable estate agent ? 
Thanks in advance 

John
ownersdirect P3708
Sponsored Links

peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2016 at 16:53
A friend, Rosa, although based in Loulé might be worth a bash - www.justportugalproperties.com

We are dealing with Sortami for the sale of our 3 properties as they have a good presence in the Algarve and have a big office on the marina in Vilamoura and a brand new office on the dual carriageway near the middle of the strip. Only had contact yesterday and due to meet in Albufeira for the 2 restaurants on Monday, so next week will have a better idea of how they work. Remax is good for the Portuguese market as are ERA. Portugal property.com are heavy on advertising and is another we are going to list with.
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2016 at 17:27
Pete,
You're not leaving are you?
Andrew
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2016 at 17:43
Nothing definite planned but we both fancy a change which could be another house renovation over here and a new smaller business or a move to a new country or the UK. Looking at all the options as we think ahead to retirement age and what's best for us and kids + our families.
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/October/2016 at 22:16
I think there will be a lot of Brits seriously thinking about selling up now, not just here but anywhere in Europe.
Property prices have shown some improvement recently and are at their highest for 5 or 6 years, the property market is fairly buoyant making it easier to sell than it has been for a while and the Euro/£ rate is very attractive.
Add to that the distinct possibility that owning a property abroad could become more difficult, and more expensive, once we complete Brexit and you may not see another set of favorable conditions like this for a long time, if ever.
We're certainly giving it some serious thought as we never intended to keep our place forever and there will come a time when we won't be able to come over for as long or as frequently, either because of finance or health.
Therefore, the next 2 years, and probably sooner rather than later, could be the ideal time to take the money & run.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Super Bock View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2016 at 18:03
We too are thinking now is the time to take the money but are waiting to see how the sale of our neighbours property goes as it has been on the market since March
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/October/2016 at 20:27
Apartments in our neck of the woods seem to be selling quite well.
There are 4 blocks with 24 apartments in each and a couple of years ago there were probably 6 or 7 for sale at the same time and they had mostly been on the market for 3 or 4 years.
They have all sold in the last 12 months and there is now only one for sale and that only came on quite recently.
The apartment above us had been on for 5 years but it sold in February.
When we were here in June we even had knocks on the door from both Remax & ERA who were looking for properties to sell.
The prices around here seem to have gone up too - a 1 bed was generally on at around the 80,000 mark a couple of years ago but we have seen several in estate agents recently for 90,000 and even up to 99,000.
Of course getting that sort of price might be difficult but it is nevertheless indicative of the current market.
Personally, if someone offered us 80,000 then we'd probably bite their hand off.
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
john2604smith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2016 at 12:18
Thanks for your suggestions Thumbs Up
ownersdirect P3708
Gilly View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/October/2016 at 22:22
If people are selling there property would it be a good idea to advertise on this site as a lot of people use it for general information. Just a thought!.
Super Bock View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2016 at 06:00
Does anyone know the approx cost of legal fees and estate agent fees?
john2604smith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2016 at 08:27
I have been quoted 5% plus vat (23%) of the sale price, which I think that is par for the course !  Ouch
ownersdirect P3708
peteknopp View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/October/2016 at 08:52
Estate agents are 5% - worth a haggle. Filipe at Sortami has been good. Fine and country got back within 2 hours of my email and came yesterday and still waiting for reply from Portugalproperty.com. I think lawyers fees for selling are less than for the purchaser as not so much work to do but will try and find out the exact costs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic