Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2015 at 13:13
A rather incongruous sight, 48 hours after the storm. Today at 1230 ish.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2015 at 16:30
4th November 2015. There weren't many takers as it had only just stopped raining hard! Just look at that sky!

It was still quite windy. You can see the spray.

Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2015 at 17:30
11th November

Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2015 at 22:20
How lovely, brilliant to see.
my beautiful portugal
simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2015 at 20:16
wonderful so pleased to see things back the way they were.

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2015 at 09:08
The canyon by the pier has now been filled in. Work to fill the other one at the storm water outfall should be under way today. I don't know if the hole by Inatel has been filled in. I might go for a walk later and see.

That picture from 11th November was outside the Sol e Mar hotel.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2015 at 20:46
There's an awful lot of debris on Falesia Beach just now, especially along the very back of the beach due no doubt to a combination of the recent rain washing rubbish down from the cliffs, coupled with high tides and rough seas.
At times like this during the Winter it's amazing what you can find in a small area - 100 yards long x 5 yards wide.
Half a dozen fishing baskets/traps, numerous plastic water bottles (from 50cl to 5l), drinking straws of various colours, part of a toy clearly marked "Fisher-Price", a variety of Coca-Cola & other drink cans, a metal parasol (pole & frame) but completely devoid of any material, one black plastic beach bat (broken), two wooden beach bats (different designs) both minus handles, one "England Flag" design flip-flop, lots of drift wood/tree roots/branches/bamboo, several items of clothing including a pair of white pants (thought to be male but I didn't look too closely), one wooden pallet (almost new & completely intact), a dead but very smelly mackerel, an unpeeled banana and a bicycle seat.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
Jayjan View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/November/2015 at 22:14
We saw loads of stuff 3 weeks ago  inbetween St Eulalia  and Maria Luisa beaches. Plastic chairs,  2 sunbeds smashed to bits ,  odd shoes, articles of clothing and to my amazement (never seen before) 3 beached Jellyfish and they were massive ones, all within 10 metres of each other. 

Regarding toys, I wonder if anyone found my grandson's Pixar Lightning McQueen Car which he lost on the edge of  the sea on the Fisherman's beach area mid Sept . He was quite upset when the sea took it off him. Cry
Polli the dancing cat strikes again.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2015 at 09:51
I think I shall go down to the beach later, camera poised. I shall look for cars and jellyfish!
Albufeira Resident

lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2015 at 09:53
Look forward to the photos. Thanks in advance.
my beautiful portugal
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2015 at 14:28
Gale, lunch time today, just glorious, no other word or words, just glorious.

Andrew
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2015 at 14:48
You can go off people you know. I'm very jealous Wink
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2015 at 15:03
Sorry Col! (but not very sorry! Wink)
Andrew
lucyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2015 at 16:55
Fantastic photos, it just looks so perfect, thanks.
my beautiful portugal
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2015 at 17:59
Andrew...To save me a lot of pedal power on the bike can you tell me if the restaurant up on the height open this winter.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 115>
  Share Topic