Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Beaches / As Praias
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Albufeira's beaches today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 115>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/August/2017 at 17:46
These are not the best pictures I have ever taken. Forgot to put the memory card in!. But I hope they convey some of the ambience of the town beach at the height of summer.

Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2017 at 18:09
Last few days of the school hols - beach around 445pm this afternoon

Albufeira Resident

simpson View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2017 at 20:21
superb picture im really jealous
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2017 at 18:13
I have a few more from yesterday which I will sort out tomorrow afternoon.
Albufeira Resident

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2017 at 14:49
Falesia - the sand replenishment reported earlier in the year went on well into July. Today was our first visit since the start of June and wow, what a difference. The beach is now at least 50 yards deep even at high tide whereas last year at this time some high tides were reaching right up to the foot of the cliff. A bit of a steep slope into the water but no doubt this will get leveled off a bit in time.
Don't know how far along they went but it looks to have been done all the way from Golfinhos right up to the corner to the left in the distance.

I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 14:49
Falesia does look good. Quite a while since I have been there.

Here's a couple of the Praia dos Pescadores taken at lunchtime today. Note that the inflatable waterpark thing is still there. Although the sky was blue overhead, looking out to sea it was quite misty. Air temperature 24.5ºC

Albufeira Resident

Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/September/2017 at 19:07
We spent yesterday at Falesia and noticed the sand replenishment. It was high tide at about 13.45 and there was plenty of room. The beach was busier than on our previous visits.
Colin
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2017 at 14:25
Pescadores yesterday....

Andrew
Andrew View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2017 at 14:36
and the most beautiful beach that is Gale, today.

Andrew
bebop View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2017 at 09:35
I was in town yesterday and saw the last part of the inflatable play area being tugged to the harbour to hibernate for the winter.
ClaireKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2017 at 12:00
I hate to see the season winding down Unhappy
Algarveaddick View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algarveaddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/October/2017 at 12:16
I don't mind, as long as it winds up again next year. (Still can't get smileys to work...) 
Go away Duchatalet
bob d View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2017 at 00:50
Although it's the busiest October I can remember.
we're not brazil we're norn iron
cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2017 at 09:06
Tomorrow marks the end of the official summer beach season. Good timing, with rain forecast for most of next week!
Albufeira Resident

cubsur View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2017 at 15:50
Not bad at all for 6th November. Pictures taken around 1300hrs today. Temperature about 21ºC. Jealousy will get you no-where.

Restaurant 'O Farol' was closed though.

Albufeira Resident

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 115>
  Share Topic