Albufeira.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Tourism / Turismo » Weather / O Clima
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

British Weather Today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 237>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubsur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2015 at 09:13
Eastbourne final morning for this trip. It's cold, dark and raining hard.

Off to the airport in a couple of hours.
Albufeira Resident

www.algarvebus.info public transport information for the Algarve
Big Col View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Col Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2015 at 10:04
Come on over, the weather is lovely.
Colin
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2015 at 12:59
Really cold here today in the north west. You wouldn't think it is June tomorrow. The weather thinks it's March ! Very cold wind blowing and showers on and off. 
Diamond Lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2015 at 14:23
The weather here hasn't been too bad at all for the UK !!  Not had much rainfall at all and had to water the garden most days.  However today we are freezing our futtocks off !!!  An hour ago I just had to put the central heating on and my under thermals !!!  Can't wait for the 18th - just hope that fabulous weather holds out for us !!!
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 14:41
Flaming June?
Been blowing a gale and tipping it down here in North Norfolk for the last 2 days.
Not been what you would call warm either.
Stuck indoors with the heating on 20 and nothing to do except reading about 30 degress in Albufeira.
In a word, jealous
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diamond Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 16:22
I've been trying to talk my OH into upping sticks and moving over there permanently but in my heart I know it's not practical, but I don't know how much more of this UK weather I can stand.  Someone in our village said to me that I was old enough now to know what the British climate is like - that's the point I do and I don't like it, not now I'm retired !!

If we hadn't got our lovely old dog, I would definitely talk OH into going over for a couple of months. 

Disgruntled from Derbyshire Unhappy
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 16:37
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

Flaming June?
Been blowing a gale and tipping it down here in North Norfolk for the last 2 days.
Not been what you would call warm either.
Stuck indoors with the heating on 20 and nothing to do except reading about 30 degress in Albufeira.
In a word, jealous

This weather is ridiculous. Unhappy  Last night was like the middle of November ! Howling gales and rain lashing the windows - - all night! 
We had the heating on too. 
Linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 16:39
Originally posted by Diamond Lady Diamond Lady wrote:

I've been trying to talk my OH into upping sticks and moving over there permanently but in my heart I know it's not practical, but I don't know how much more of this UK weather I can stand.  Someone in our village said to me that I was old enough now to know what the British climate is like - that's the point I do and I don't like it, not now I'm retired !!

If we hadn't got our lovely old dog, I would definitely talk OH into going over for a couple of months. 

Disgruntled from Derbyshire Unhappy

I feel exactly the same. 

I've never got used to our weather !! I've never liked it! 

We are like you, in that we have commitments which prevent us escaping. Unhappy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diamond Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 17:16

I feel exactly the same. 

I've never got used to our weather !! I've never liked it! 

We are like you, in that we have commitments which prevent us escaping. Unhappy
[/QUOTE]

Just been looking at properties over there - we start off low and get higher and higher !!  Smile

I've bought a Lottery ticket tonight - fingers crossed !!!  We will then be able to afford to slowly drive down there with our doggie and buy a lovely villa for her and then bring her back when it's too hot.

Sun is out here now but still very blustery and it looks like they've changed their minds about the heatwave too !!  I was banking on that for sanity !
MrsDKildare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrsDKildare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 17:23
Have place, dog not a problem, we're just waiting for youngest, (13 year old) to finish school, I'd say another 5 or 6 rotten summers here then we're off. I can't understand why anyone lives this far north on the planet. The weather is vile.

DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 17:49

it looks like they've changed their minds about the heatwave too !!  I

Heatwave??????????
Our highest temperature for the next 10 days is forecast to be 22 on Friday. Hardly a heatwave and it's going to rain on Friday too.
After that the best we can expect until the weekend after next is a lousy 19 but at least we might be able to turn the heating off for a couple of hours
I hate how peopleï compare Frank Zappa to God. I mean, he's cool and great and nice and everything, but he's no Zappa.
carolenclive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolenclive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2015 at 19:00
My youngest son and his wife and the two youngest children had to be evacuated last night. They are spending a week in a Yurt in the lake district on National trust land and a severe storm warning resulted in everyone being  moved to hotels and hostels for safety.As he put it Bloody weather we should have gone to Portugal.The kids think its a great adventure.
caz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2015 at 13:08
Originally posted by carolenclive carolenclive wrote:

My youngest son and his wife and the two youngest children had to be evacuated last night. They are spending a week in a Yurt in the lake district on National trust land and a severe storm warning resulted in everyone being  moved to hotels and hostels for safety.As he put it Bloody weather we should have gone to Portugal.The kids think its a great adventure.

Sorry to hear that your family had to be evacuted, hope they are brave enough to return now the weather is a little better.

What a change today thank goodness - a few moments ago I was roastin my rollocks off in the garden, whilst having lunch, then a dirty big dark cloud went over.  Just as I was about to get my shorts out !!  Ah well still warm.

PS - didn't win the lottery, didn't get one number.  Par for the course, don't usually do it so won't bother again.  Premium Bonds won £25 so looks like we're stuck here another month and will have to rely on the week's holiday coming up very shortly.  I am just soooo greedy !!!

Suppose I'd better get on and put my Petunia's in !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamond Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2015 at 13:12
Originally posted by DICEYUK DICEYUK wrote:

it looks like they've changed their minds about the heatwave too !!  I

Heatwave??????????
Our highest temperature for the next 10 days is forecast to be 22 on Friday. Hardly a heatwave and it's going to rain on Friday too.
After that the best we can expect until the weekend after next is a lousy 19 but at least we might be able to turn the heating off for a couple of hours

Haven't you just come back from spending 5 weeks over there with not a drop of rain to speak of?

I thought that if only I could spend a few weeks in the sunshine, I would be able to put up with the British Weather, but reading your post, I'm not so sure.  May be warmth makes you want more.  Thumbs Up
DICEYUK View Drop Down
Top Contributors
Top Contributors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DICEYUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2015 at 15:17

Haven't you just come back from spending 5 weeks over there with not a drop of rain to speak of?

Indeed I have and I'm glad to say that I'm going back in 4 weeks time for another 5 weeks.
I've come to the conclusion that it's the only way to get a decent spring, summer & autumn instead of waiting here for the odd good day once in a blue moon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 182183184185186 237>
  Share Topic